Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Gratefulgrams


This blog post is a little different from the rest! For the past couple of months I've been brainstorming of ways I could show the world how much God has truly blessed my life, and I think I've found the perfect way to do it!
I follow a lot of popular wedding photographers on Instagram to get inspiration and a couple of days ago I stumbled upon something interesting. Somehow I found myself on the blog of Nancy Ray Photography and she had a post called "April Gratefulgrams." At the end of every month she posts several "gratefulgrams" from the month to show all the things that she is grateful for.
I'm not a writer or a blogger, but I love photography, so I believe this is a great way for me to show what God has done for me! Even though we all have to go through tough times in our lives, I believe it is important to recognize the joys in our daily life that God provides for us.

 So now we begin with my first gratefulgram post from April 2014. Overall, this month has been pretty awesome. There were a few stressful decisions that I had to make this month, but I can honestly say that I've never been as happy with my life as I am now. I think I've finally found direction for my future and that is always wonderful! 

 I finished editing this awesome wedding I second shot with Ashton Oakes Photography
in March! The couple got their pictures and I got a lot of 
awesome feedback on my images!

I got to hangout with and photograph my beautiful best friend, Laura!
She is an amazing friend and I was so grateful I got to spend time with her 
since our schedules are so crazy. Plus, I got some gorgeous shots of her! 

The beautiful tree in our backyard bloomed at the beginning of the month!
It was absolutely gorgeous so I thought I would share :) 

On April 12th, my husband Jon and I celebrated six months of marriage! This was a #tbt I posted
on Instagram of some GoPro selfies from our honeymoon in Punta Cana, DR. 
The past six months has been amazing and I'm so grateful for our marriage
and this awesome guy! 

The second weekend in April, I traveled to Ohio to spend time with my "new" family! I spent one night at an Easter dinner and got to spend time with Jon's huge family and played cards. The next night we got all dressed up to go to "Dancing with the Athens Stars" and watch some awesome dancing for a great cause! I got to spend a lot of time with these three girls and I'm grateful that they are not only family, but three of my best friends.

I got to witness and document this hilarious moment of my sweet nephew! 

To go along with the dandelion idea, I dragged my nephews out to do a photo shoot in the hundreds of dandelions on my parents farm. I'm so grateful to have nephews, Jayson and Jordan, in my life. There is never a dull moment with these two and they always keep me laughing! 

This happened. :D 
I'm the biggest dork ever and my poor dogs had to endure an Easter photo shoot. 
But it turned out super cute!

I'm grateful to have spent Easter with our families.
 It was nice to see everyone and to celebrate our RISEN Savior!

On the 25th my handsome father celebrated his birthday! I'm so grateful to have him in my life and to have an awesome relationship with him. He has taught me how to work hard to achieve my goals but never forget to enjoy life! 

On the 26th I got to meet with this great couple and photograph their engagement pictures! They were so adorable and had a great relationship, which made it easy to get some great photographs. I'm so grateful they chose me to be their photographer and look forward to their wedding in September! 

My last April gratefulgram is from this past Sunday. I got to spend time and celebrate Faith's 3rd Birthday! I'm so grateful I got to capture these funny and sweet moments of a special day with great friends! 

Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment